At Grassroots Yoga we believe in a strong foundation. Our foundation provides us the opportunity to build and grow. In our yoga practice, we build a strong foundation with our bodies, but our entire existence is supported only by a healthy planet. Therefore, we have an obligation to do everything we can as a company to help our planet by going green.
Here are just a few things we do to lower our footprint:
- Our entire 2,500 square foot space is lit by LED energy efficient lighting.
- Our bathrooms and locker rooms are on motion sensors to ensure lights are only used when absolutely necessary and are not left on longer than necessary.
- We provide a touch free filtered water station for guests for free so that they may fill their reusable water bottles. If they forgot their bottle, we sell mason jars for a small fee that they can use as a water vessel and take home with them.
- We use recycled toilet paper, and reusable cloth hand towels instead of paper towels.
- We use only environmentally friendly laundry detergent, and our cleaning products are 100% green, made with biodegradable ocean friendly ingredients.
- We do not have any paper marketing materials and advise customers to view all of our information through our website instead. Our entire registration, liability waiver, and check in system is completely electronic, allowing us to be almost a completely paper free company. Any paper that we do use is printed on recycled paper.
- We also provide an incentive to our guests to ride their bike instead of driving in exchange for a free yoga mat rental.
These are just a few ways we are green, and we are always open to new and innovative ideas on how we can continue to save and protect our natural resources. If you’d like to provide feedback, let us know by emailing us at email@example.com
On July 30th, 2018 Grassroots Yoga became a certified member of the California Green Business Network through the City of Ventura. To read more about the program, read here.